Thursday 14 January 2010

Sewing update

Here where I'm up to with St Sophia. Unfortunately over Christmas & the New year I came down with Bronchitis, so I was forced to stay inside and keep warm with my sewing for company....what a pity. LOL.
I'm going to make a start this weekend on the Chatelaine Mystery 13 for this year which is 'peacock' based. I've got my fabric now, and instead of sending to America for the complete kit, I'm just going to use the DMC equivalent with the recommended Caron Waterlillies thread- which I love. I'm hoping it will still look ok, but I just can't justify the expense of the recommended threads/kit this year, so this will be know as my recession buster piece. As the charts are released a bit every month, I'm hoping to still be able to stitch St Sophia in between the releases, if I can keep up!!

2 comments:

  1. This looks nice, i hope you are fully recovered now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel much better now. Love the colours in this. Look forward to seeing some WIP pics of the new Chatelaine. :0)

    ReplyDelete